Ok – a little pumpkin break. Time to feature another ‘fall’star – APPLES!
Probably one of my top 3 favorite things about Fall is apple picking. Walking up and down rows and rows of tree after tree, full of big juicy apples just waiting to be yanked off their branch, tossed into a bag and brought home to your kitchen. The possibilities are endless: apple crisp, apple pie, caramel apples, apple sauce, apple strudel. Freshly picked apples are PERFECT for these Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars!
But….I have yet to go apple picking so…
…I used canned apple pie filling Betty said it was ok!
1) Easy to make with minimal steps & ingredients
2) A great base for any cheesecake/streusel dessert – you could probably use just about any fruit with this
3) FREAKING delicious
Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars
*From Betty Crocker – love her
1 pouch Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix
1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
2 packages (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 – 21oz can apple pie filling
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1) Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2) Place cookie mix in large bowl. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly and coarse. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; press remaining crumbs in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes
3) Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
4) Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked crust. In medium bowl, mix pie filling and cinnamon. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over top.
5) Bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool about 30 minutes. Refrigerate to chill, about 2 hours. Store covered in refrigerator until ready to cut into bars.
I had 2 last night, and 3 for breakfast, so I can safely say they are a WINNER!